Wednesday, March 26, 2008

landscapes

Today I went to the beach to plein air paint with my watercolor class. I spent the time painting/hanging out with Bethany and Sencia. I found that candle wax worked really well to keep the white of the waves. Of course I figured the sun wouldn't bother me that much. I was wrong. I really noticed it when after painting we decided to jump into the ocean in our normal everyday garb and the water really hurt wherever I was burned. It was a lot of fun painting at the beach, and I think I'm going to try and do it more often, with sunscrean.



A few weeks ago in class we copied a winslow homer painting off of the projector. The projectors color was quite off from the original so I decided that I would use it for a starting point (color wise) and make everything a bit brighter than what I was seeing. Everything else is the same though. I really enjoy the wet into wet technique in watercolor. You can get some really interesting effects with it.

No comments: